There’s a new addition to our family and I couldn’t be happier – My brand new Froothie Optimum G2.1 Blender.
When I got it out of box and started playing around with it, my husband called it a ‘Subaru to Audi upgrade’. LOL. Now you see I’m married to a complete car nerd!
I made this review/recipe video if you’d like to check it out in detail and watch me making Raw Vegan ‘Butter Chicken’ and Strawberry Nicecream.
If you don’t have time to watch then here’s a summary of my thoughts on this blender.
What I love about this blender:
- This is, without a doubt, the best blender I have used, and I have tried many.
- I love how quiet this blender is compared to other brands, (and even the previous Optimum machine I owned – a 9400). I no longer have my husband telling me I should be wearing earmuffs every time I use it!
- It’s 2L jug is, I think, absolutely essential for a raw vegan or high raw vegan. My smoothies are generally very large and I always need to make extra for my family. It’s also great for soups to prevent multiple batching.
- 3.75 horsepower motor makes this blender VERY powerful.
- The shape of the jug means that you can use the tamper more effectively to push down the contents of the blender.
- It really does heat up soups, and fast (you’ll see the steam rising from my Raw Vegan Butter chicken sauce in the video). My previous blender could theoretically do this, but it would take a LONG time, and I questioned the efficiency of using it for this purpose instead of the stove top.
- The G2.1’s dual blade assembly makes blending of ingredients very efficient and effective. Even very dense foods like nuts/seeds or frozen fruits and vegetables are rendered very creamy and smooth.
- 6 pre-set functions work very effectively. In fact I never usually run them for the full length of time, because things seem to have been well-blended before the timer finishes. But I do like how they operate on a variety of different speed levels.
- You can also use it manually using the timer and speed buttons to your liking.
- The price for this machine is much more reasonable than the other leading brand, and you’re getting the same value for money, with a 10 year warranty.
* FYI – Yes, I am a Froothie affiliate, but you should also know that I never promote any products that I don’t absolutely and unreservedly love and think that you will too.
If you’re in the USA then go HERE to find out about any Froothie products, including this blender.
Your purchase via my website means that any proceeds allow me to keep creating raw vegan support resources for you and countless others who visit this site looking for ways to improve their health. Your support is hugely appreciated.
Lissa’s Raw Vegan Butter Chicken recipe is HERE.